What is The DAISY Award?
The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses. Fairview Park Hospital is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner.
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. The DAISY Foundation was formed by the family of Patrick Barnes as a way to honor the nurses that provided quality and compassionate care to Patrick during the final stages of his battle with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP).
DAISY Award recipients exemplify Fairview Park Hospital's dedication to the exceptional patient experience. These nurses consistently go above and beyond to provide high quality and compassionate care to their patients.
How To Nominate An Extraordinary Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse by filling out the form below. To learn more about the program and its growing list of partners, please visit the DAISY Foundation.
Nominate an extraordinary nurse as a deserving recipient of The DAISY Award. She/he consistently meets all of the following criteria:
- Goes above and beyond to care for the needs of the patient and family
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Fairview Park Hospital
- Is thoughtful, compassionate and caring in all situations
- Is energetic and passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care process
All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
The form was submitted successfully.