Cardiac rehabilitation in Dublin, GA
Cardiac rehabilitation allows patients to begin a safe exercise regimen in an environment where their heart rhythms and rates are continuously monitored and assessed by medically trained staff.
The cardiac rehab program at Fairview Park Hospital encourages healthy lifestyle changes through an individualized treatment plan addressing nutritional, psychological and physical deficits. Our goal is to help patients return to their prior level of function, improve heart strength and prevent further damage to the blood vessels.
You must have a physician referral to participate in cardiac rehab.
For more information, please call our cardiac rehab team at (478) 274-3470.
Why is cardiac rehab important?
Cardiac rehab offers many benefits for people who have heart conditions such as heart failure or experienced a cardiac event like heart attack. Those benefits include:
- Learning how to work toward your ideal body weight and overall health
- Starting a personalized exercise program designed to fit your needs
- Recognizing the symptoms of heart disease and knowing when to seek medical attention
- Reducing your risk factors and chances of having a future heart attack
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle
- Returning to work and regular activities
Cardiopulmonary conditions benefitting from cardiac rehab
Patients come to us for cardiac rehab after experiencing various heart events and procedures, such as:
- Bypass surgery
- Chronic congestive heart failure
- Heart attack
- Heart transplant
- Peripheral artery disease
- Stable angina
- Stent placement
- Valve repair/replacement
Cardiac rehab is part of our overall cardiovascular care program and is covered by most insurance companies. Talk to your cardiologist if you are interested in participating in the program.