More than 119,000 in the United States await the gift of life through organ donation with over 5,400 of those are our friends and neighbors in Georgia. Hundreds of thousands more benefit from tissue, cornea, and blood donation annually. I am pleased to announce Fairview Park Hospital is celebrating National Donate Life Month throughout April, joining hundreds of organizations in Georgia and across the United States in spreading this life-saving message.
To become an organ and tissue donor, sign up on Georgia’s organ and tissue donor registry by following a few simple steps:
- Visit Donate Life Georgia and learn about organ and tissue donation.
- Register your decision to become a donor and choose a password.
- Under the “How Did You Hear About Us” drop down tab, choose Hospital Partner and select Fairview Park Hospital in the submenu.
- Finalize your registration by accepting terms and conditions, sharing your decision with friends and family via email if you like and choosing “Complete Registration” at the end.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you, and you will have the option of logging back onto Donate Life Georgia at any time to alter your registration.
One person can potentially save or enhance up to 75 lives through organ and tissue donation. There are no financial costs for the donor’s family and donation is supported by all major religions.
Again we are proud to support National Donate Life Month and encourage you to learn about organ, tissue, and eye donation!